Art Windsor-Essex respectfully acknowledges that we are located on Anishinaabe Territory – the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations, comprised of the Ojibway, the Odawa, and the Potawatomi. Today the Anishinaabe of the Three Fires Confederacy are represented by Bkejwanong. We want to state our respect for the ancestral and ongoing authority of Walpole Island First Nation over its Territory.
Summer Art Camp
Seeking all creative explorers, makers and innovators! Spend the summer at Art Windsor-Essex! During this 5-day camp, you will explore your surroundings and discover hidden gems in the city. Together, we will create unique works of art inspired by city landscapes and our current exhibitions.
- In-Person at Art Windsor-Essex
- Open to ages 7-12
- $250 per child for 1 week
- Drop-off: 9am – Pick-up at 4pm.
- Please check the FAQ section for more info.
Frequently Asked Questions
Drop-off: 9am and 9:15am. The front doors will be locked to the general public. An AWE staff member will greet you at the front door for check-in and lead them to the 2nd floor.
Pick-up: 4pm and 4:15pm. The campers will meet parents and guardians at the front door on the ground level.
- a peanut-free lunch and snacks
- a backpack
- a reusable water bottle
- a hat, sunscreen, a sweater (it gets cold!)
- a smock or apron, a change of clothes
- All art supplies provided but we encourage you to bring a personal sketchbook!
Note: Please leave all electronics at home.
We welcome campers between 7 and 12 years old.
For younger campers, please contact Sophie Hinch at email@example.com.
From painting, to printmaking, sculpting, and drawing, campers will have the opportunity to try different mediums and solve problems using creative methods. This play and discover based camp encourages youth to try new things and have fun!
- Day 1 – City Planners: Windsor is a big city! For the first day of our Urban Explorer camp, we will become urban planners and construct our own city using found materials. Campers are encouraged to bring recycled materials from home.
- Day 2 – Sculptures: Today is the day to get your creativity moving along with your feet and hands! Explore the Windsor Sculpture Garden to gather inspiration for your very own abstract sculpture. What will you create?
- Day 3 – Urban Explorer: Explore downtown Windsor and see the city through a whole new lens. The young artists will learn to compose the perfect image and experiment to find their own, unique style.
- Day 4 – Public Art: From graffiti to murals, and sculptures, you can find a lot of public art in our city! How do they help tell the story of our city? Campers will create their own mural and public art installations with found materials.
- Day 5 – You’re a natural!: While we have explored many built environments, today we’ll explore natural spaces in our city. We will take time today to slow down and find inspiration from the great outdoors!
You can register online through Eventbrite. Click HERE to register online.