Art Windsor-Essex respectively acknowledges that we are located on Anishinaabe Territory – the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations, comprised of the Ojibway, the Odawa, and the Potawatomi. Today the Anishinaabe of the Three Fires Confederacy are represented by Bkejwanong. We want to state our respect for the ancestral and ongoing authority of Walpole Island First Nation over its Territory.
Saturdays in the Studio! with Jessica Cook
DATE: Saturdays and Sundays from September 3 – September 24, 2022
TIME: 1pm- 4pm
LOCATION: AWE Gallery
Thanks to the generous and ongoing support of Anne Safranyos and family, we’re excited to announce that Family Fun Saturdays in the Studio is back at AWE! Join featured artist in the studio and create your own masterpieces!
Meet the Artist: Jessica Cook!
Jessica Rachel Cook is an Oji-cree whose family is from Constance Lake First Nation and Bkejwanong First Nation and is from the wolf clan. Jessica is a formerly trained fine artist who works with traditional and contemporary mediums, photography and multimedia to create original works of art. She also is an educator who enjoys outreach initiatives with local communities and group art projects.
- September 3rd – Register Here!
- September 10th – Register Here!
- September 17th – Register Here!
- September 24th – Register Here!
- All participants are encouraged to pre-register online. Drop-in between 1-4pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- This program is free with admission to AWE and open to all.
- Familiarize yourself with the AWE Code of Conduct.
- Questions? Email Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com
Related Events + Workshops
Sun Sep 4
Sundays in the Studio! with Catherine Hois
Sundays in September