Art Windsor-Essex respectfully acknowledges that we are located on Anishinaabe Territory – the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations, comprised of the Ojibway, the Odawa, and the Potawatomi. Today the Anishinaabe of the Three Fires Confederacy are represented by Bkejwanong. We want to state our respect for the ancestral and ongoing authority of Walpole Island First Nation over its Territory.
Taking Care: Where Art Meets Wellness
Date: Sunday, January 29, 2023
Time: 11 am – 12:30 pm
AWE presents ZOOM art workshops to participants in support of their mental health and overall wellbeing. Led by Ainslee Winter, professional art therapist and artist, AWE hosts a safe creative space that brightens up the weekends of countless people in our community in a time where we need connection most of all. Each workshop begins with a well-being check-in, followed by a meditation, a slow-looking art exercise, and an art-making activity.
Being Present with What You Really Need
Clear your mind and tune into a mindful process that brings us into presence. Through mindful looking, writing, and creativity, we will explore the magic presence has to offer. The five senses are an anchoring tool we will use to harness into the present moment.
In this space, we are able to access what we truly need and desire. There is no artistic experience needed and all are welcome to join us in this caring community!
- 2 sheets of paper
- Wax paper or transparent paper
- Mark-making tools (markers, pen, ink, watercolour,etc.)
- Any materials you feel connected to!
*If you do not have these items, no need to worry! We can work with whatever materials you have at home or are inclined to use!
- Workshops are FREE and open to everyone. Use the materials you have at home!
- Workshops are delivered virtually on ZOOM. Once registered, you will receive instructions on how to join the ZOOM meeting.
- Live, automatic closed-captions are enabled during the workshop. For any other accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions? Please contact Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com.
About the Facilitator: Ainslee Winter
Ainslee draws on 5 years of experience as an art therapist, community wellness program provider, and spiritual healer/teacher. Her ability to connect with her diverse clients helps support her holistic approach to wellness. Through her practice, Ainslee provides compassionate care to individuals and communities through creative expression. Ainslee hopes to continue to support self-discovery, connection, transformation, and inspiration with the continued efforts as she grows professionally. She believes it is through our self-growth process and commitment to healing, that we will begin to see ripples of growth throughout our community.