Art Windsor-Essex respectively acknowledges that we are located on Anishinaabe Territory – the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations, comprised of the Ojibway, the Odawa, and the Potawatomi. Today the Anishinaabe of the Three Fires Confederacy are represented by Walpole Island First Nation. We want to state our respect for the historical and ongoing authority of Walpole Island First Nation over its Territory.
Taking Care: Where Art Meets Wellness
Date: Last Sunday of the month
Time: 11 am – 12:30 pm
AWE presents ZOOM art workshops to participants in support of their mental health and overall wellbeing. Led by Ainslee Winter, professional art therapist and artist, AWE hosts a safe creative space that brightens up the weekends of countless people in our community in a time where we need connection most of all. Each workshop begins with a well-being check-in, followed by a meditation, a slow-looking art exercise, and an art-making activity.
Sunday, September 25: Neurographic Pathways
Let’s explore the complexity of the mind and body in a curious and creative way! The saying “neurons that fire together, wire together” explain that repeated thoughts, habits, and ways of being create pathways in the brain that become even stronger. This session we will explore ways in which we can begin to forge healthy pathways for ourselves through the mind-body connection. Mindfulness is a great starting point to exploring these themes.
Join us in an embodied meditation, art making, and community, as we explore what these new neural routes may look like as we move into the changes of the season!
- Dark Writing Utensil (micron pen, black marker, charcoal)
- Small Object (coin, stone, marble)
- Coloured Materials (Watercolours, markers, coloured pencils)
- Any materials you feel connected to!
- Workshops are FREE and open to everyone. Use the materials you have at home!
- Workshops are delivered virtually on ZOOM. Once registered, you will receive instructions on how to join the ZOOM call.
- Live, automatic closed-captions are enabled during the workshop.
- Questions? Please contact Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com